- Soil fertility is maintained through use of compost, animal manure, cover crops and crop rotations.
- Biodynamic compost and spray preparations, made locally, are used rhythmically throughout the seasons to enhance life forces.
- Most seeds are grown right on the farm.
- The farm is supported by the 70+ shareholders of the Raphael Garden CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).
- The entire 13-acre College landscape is also maintained as a unique individuality through the use of biodynamic preparations and principles.
- Workshops on Biodynamics, gardening, Animal Husbandry, Bee Keeping and Much more are offered fall through spring.
- Raphael Garden is sustained by four full-time farm Apprentices who work and receive training on the farm year round
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
At the heart of Rudolf Steiner College sits Raphael Garden, our 3-acre, Demeter-certified biodynamic farm. Founded in 1987, the farm supports seasonal fruit, year-round vegetables, a large seed saving operation, farm animals, natural beekeeping, workshops and a formal apprenticeship program in a beautiful, serene setting.
The farm is a model of biodynamics in action: